Wednesday, June 11, 2008

How Do We Undo This?


This is Danny & Daddy that shows on your favourite Playhouse Disney Channel. Lately it's been showing at around 7.50am, just before we go down for breakfast (on days when you wake up that early). Well, last week it was showing and guess what you said when the show started...
"Daddy shtupid"
Oh no!!! How do we undo this? I tried telling you that daddy is not stupid. But you only gave me a blank look. I've even stopped showing you the show. Everytime it came on, I'd change to another channel.
Initially we thought that you were referring only to the character.. but now you are referring to other things too! I don't think you really know what it means but I don't want you to use this word. How do we "un-teach" this word?
As for where you picked up this word... er.. it's between that person and me (and daddy) to know...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quick quick, press CTRL+Z!!! Sorry, I know I am not supposed to laugh but I was laughing till my sides ached when i read this.... Ok...serious mode now...

Mommy said...

Whoops...you know what? Charlotte loves this show too :(

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

oh no..it's very hard to un-teach them. Hmm...maybe the only way is avoid using that word in front of him and at the same time don't let him watch this show ANYMORE. Hope that time can help to un-teach him. Good luck!

Sasha Tan said...

J loves this show. Not the stupid part. But the guessing part. Once the kiddo start to draw a line, he will start to guess what he is drawing. I guess we cannot undo it, but we need to correct them and tell them that we shouldn't say it. :)

sting said...

don't think we can undo it.. just need to teach them that it's not nice to say things like that.. it's better for him to learn now and know it's bad than for him to learn it from his friends in school...

Mummy and daddy: Angie and Ben said...

Thanks for the ideas. Thankfully I have not heard him say the word over the weekend. Maybe it's being stored away temporarily, to make place for new words. Latest is "Me dun know"

Anonymous said...

Best way to undo something? Ignore them totally when they do/ say it. Kids thrive on attention (both positive & negative). THe more u give them, the more they will do it.