Thursday, December 11, 2008

Early Morning

I guess since you had enough sleep yesterday and also had been sleeping in over the long weekend, you had enough stored. Why do I say so? Because you decided to wake up at 6am and ask me to sing a song for you. So I sang a (half-dead sounding) Jingle Bells. But noooOooo... that's not what you wanted. You asked me to sing you another song, but I ignored you and tried to continue with my sleep. Thankfully you decided to lie around (and on me too!) until my alarm clock rang. Even after that you were lying around and I thought that you'd gone back to sleep.
My mistake. You let me get out of bed and give me a few minutes alone in the bathroom before I heard a "mummy.." and the sound of little feet running towards the bathroom. Sigh.. there goes my morning. I had to help you brush your teeth and you wanted to help me with my contact lenses.. Asked you to go accompany daddy in bed, but you refused. Sigh...
When I told you I needed to get ready to go to work, you told me that I needn't go to work. Aiyo.. then you also said that daddy didn't have to work too. So of course you had to be persuaded to let us go to work when the time came for us to go off. At first you asked me to wait for you to finish your multi-grain. Then you stalled further by asked me to feed you your milk. When that was finished you still insisted that I stay with you.
At long last after telling you this and that you finally agreed to let us to go work. Of course before we left, we were each given a kiss and a big hug from you. What a way to start our day. Makes me wish I was back at home playing with you instead...

5 comments:

Daddy said...

Aiyoh. So touchy. Nice post. That's what my wife said every morning when she goes to work.

sting said...

haha.. at least you didn't have to sneak off :-)

Mummy and daddy: Angie and Ben said...

Yup... they sure make it difficult to go to work. And sneaking off makes me feel guilty. So sometimes it's worse having to hear him scream and cry as his grandma carries him and we close the door behind us.

sting said...

Just dropping by to wish you and family Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Daddy said...

Merry Christmas