Our birthday party guests (for both the Penang and Ipoh parties) came with gifts for you and when they left, they did not leave empty handed too. Um.. yeah, they took with the the leftover food.. but that's not all.
We had to work really hard a long time in advance to get all the gifts ready for our party guests. What were they? You call it "my buff-day frames". Got this idea from Aunty Wooi Sin (She's full of wonderful ideas) and with the help of Yvonne Kor-kor who helped me buy the frames and passed them to me during Chinese New Year. When I did the little maze books for your 2nd birthday, I had to wait until you fell asleep before I could start work. This time.. I have a little assistant to help me, so we generally start work on the birthday frames after you had eaten dinner and we'd taken our showers. 
There were times when you were "too helpful" and I'd start to regret letting you help. But then I calm down and think that the recipients of the birthday would appreciate the frame since you'd chipped in to help me out. It was great fun to have your suggestions. You especially loved to add all the embellishments (mainly those little stars and flowers) which sometimes got the frames too cluttered and I had to quietly remove some.
My little box of embellishments is now a mess, no thanks to you, but I have no regrets for letting you help me and I'm sure our party guests think so too. I hope they like the frames as much as we enjoyed making them.
Here's what the frames look like. No two are alike both in design as well as in the pictures inside the frames. The picture of the frames that were given to our Penang guests were taken by me (so lousy photography as always) and daddy took the time to help me photograph the other frames given to our Ipoh guests (those are the ones with the pink background)

6 comments:
that's a pretty amazing gift! i'd love it if i was one of ur guest! very thoughtful and personal. nice!
nice work,mummy!! :-)
WAHHHH Really very nice. One for each guest??? *Pengsan*
Really salute u!
Wow, really creative! Love it...
First of all, Happy Belated Birthday to Evan!
Love those frames you've made as gifts.... such a meaningful gifts for the guests!
Hi everyone, thanks thanks. It was all done on time with the help from my little assistant.
Post a Comment