Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Our Second Formal Night

When we got back from Juneau, the first thing which greeted us was this:

There was supposed to be a celebration and a balloon drop at midnight. Ok, as if we could last so long. Anyway after lunch we went downstairs to have a look at the balloons again and o go to the library. And I just realised that it was your first time entering a library (except for the one in your school, I have no idea what it looks like as I've not seen it). Somehow, you thought that it was a bookshop! We found a book for you and another for me and headed back to the room. As it as too late for a nap, we headed to the pool to use it for the first time. In between swimming, we even stopped for a while to enjoy the freshly baked cookies with milk. Yummy!

Then we headed back to the room and had a shower to get ready for dinner. For the first time in the trip, we were at the Pacific Moon dining room before 6pm. It's the second and final formal night for the trip so we were dressed in our best again: Where is my milk?


Ah Kong & Ah Ma

A family shot

After dinner (yes no shots of the food we had...) we went around for a walk. And of course took a picture with the balloons:

After that we dropped you off at the Kidz Zone then headed to the Skywalkers Lounge for a drinks and a quiet chat. Here's daddy's Ultimate Muay Thai and and my Strawberry Daiquiri:

We walked around the ship (it was super cold, as we were headed to the next port stop) and took some pictures of the scenery and daddy wanted me to pose in the cold and I didn't have a jacket on so after every shot we'd run inside to see if the picture turned out ok. We did that about 4-5 times until I went on strike and refused to go out after that!

Soon it was 10pm and time to collect you from the Kidz Zone. Here you were all tired out posing with your "Bear bear" which you coloured with the fabric markers.

The day may have ended for you and daddy, but not for me. I had another mission to accomplish. You had requested for a balloon and we could not collect it yet. So I had to stay up until 12midnight then I headed to the bubble lifts and headed downstairs. Even from deck 12 I could hear all the music and festivities as everyone sang and danced to the music on deck 5, 6 and 7 at the atrium. When I finally reached the party, I picked up a blue balloon (as per your request) an walked around until I saw more balloons but they were out of my reach. Luckily the nice man saw me gesturing at him and he passed me a red balloon. Mission accomplished. Next is to see your expression when you see the balloons.

1 comment:

sting said...

that's so lovely... Evan must be having the time of his life :-)