Saturday, August 27, 2011

Coloring Contest

The night before you had to sleep early (like a school night as today was a big day for you. Weeks ago, when I got back from work, you told me "Mummy, there is a coloring contest. I wanna join". And when I checked your homework pouch, there was a form. During dinner I asked you to tell daddy what you wanted to do. This is what you told daddy "Daddy, I want to join the coloring contest. You know there will be food for parents on the second floor." You even watched as I filled up the form, and even inspected the form when I had filled it up!

So this morning you woke up the moment I told you to wake up, all excited to go for the coloring contest. The theme for the contest was "Merdeka". Jing Ee's mummy had told me that she had told her you will be coloring the "Jalur Gemilang' which was the same thing you told me. We were rather early but there were already quite a few contestants all waiting for the contest to start.

Here you were sitting on the newspaper, waiting for everyone to come before we started:


Are we starting yet??
At about 9am, the organizers started the program. Before the children got to the important task of coloring, first there was a briefing, followed by "warm up" exercises:

Can you guess what was going on with all the children opening their mouths? Nope.. not exercising their mouths, but singing the national song Negaraku:

Parents were not allowed to hang around while the children were coloring. So some of them left while the rest of us went to the second floor for some light refreshments. Daddy and I also went off to wait for you to finish and for the prize giving ceremony. Before we went off, we did manage to get pictures of some veteran contestants:

They came all prepared with a table and chair/stool to ensure maximum comfort while coloring.

When I went down to have a check on you, I found that you were no longer in the car park where the contest was held. One of the volunteers told me that you should be on the first floor playing the games while waiting for the prize giving ceremony. You later told me that you play hopscotch, seven stones and Malaysian quiz.

At 11 the parents adjourned to the 3rd floor where the children were already gathered. Songs were sung before prizes were given away. Then we all adjourned.

Nope.. no prize for you today, but you were happy nonetheless as you got some small prizes while playing the games (except for seven stones) and they even gave all contestants a small souvenir before they went home.

No comments: