I thought that you wouldn't be curious or did not want to know or it did not occur to you. But early this morning you caught me off guard.. again. It's not your first time asking but this time you were more persistent!
Yup, the inevitable question of how the baby is in mummy's tummy. So this was what happened early this morning:
Evan: Mummy, how did baby get into your tummy?
Mummy: I ate baby, so now it's in my tummy...
Evan: NooooOooooOOOOo.. tell me the truth
(oops.. making a joke out of it is not working!!)
A while more in the bathroom:
Evan: So mummy, you didn't tell me how baby got into your tummy yet!!
Mummy (taking evasive action #1): Quickly rinse your mouth and I'll help you shower. (and growling to daddy to help me think of how to explain to you)
Phew.. you didn't ask me while I was giving you a shower. And then...
Evan: Mummmeeee.. you still haven't told me the answer!
Mummy (oooOOoo.. time for evasive action #2): Quick, you need to get dressed and eat breakfast or else you'll be late for breakfast.
No more questions after that and we happily ate breakfast without anymore questions.
Then we got into the car and as you were climbing into the car:
Evan: Mummy, you still haven't told me how baby got into your tummy!!
Mummy (trying luck again): I told you.. I ate baby up!
Evan: NooooOOOOOooooo... telll me the truth!
Mummy (no more alternative.. I need to get an answer): Well you know it's like a seed in my tummy. And do you know how baby gets food?
Evan: Yes.. through a pipe.
Mummy: And where is this "pipe" attached to the baby?
Evan (grinning cheekily): To the mouth! Muahahahaha
Mummy: Are you sure?
Evan: To the eye!! Wahahahaha
Mummy: Maybe to the nose??
Evan: Wahahahaa
Then daddy turned up the radio a little and you distracted and that was the end of our conversation.. for now. I'm wondering if you'll ask me again.. for more details next! What should I actually tell a 6 year old?
Yup, the inevitable question of how the baby is in mummy's tummy. So this was what happened early this morning:
Evan: Mummy, how did baby get into your tummy?
Mummy: I ate baby, so now it's in my tummy...
Evan: NooooOooooOOOOo.. tell me the truth
(oops.. making a joke out of it is not working!!)
A while more in the bathroom:
Evan: So mummy, you didn't tell me how baby got into your tummy yet!!
Mummy (taking evasive action #1): Quickly rinse your mouth and I'll help you shower. (and growling to daddy to help me think of how to explain to you)
Phew.. you didn't ask me while I was giving you a shower. And then...
Evan: Mummmeeee.. you still haven't told me the answer!
Mummy (oooOOoo.. time for evasive action #2): Quick, you need to get dressed and eat breakfast or else you'll be late for breakfast.
No more questions after that and we happily ate breakfast without anymore questions.
Then we got into the car and as you were climbing into the car:
Evan: Mummy, you still haven't told me how baby got into your tummy!!
Mummy (trying luck again): I told you.. I ate baby up!
Evan: NooooOOOOOooooo... telll me the truth!
Mummy (no more alternative.. I need to get an answer): Well you know it's like a seed in my tummy. And do you know how baby gets food?
Evan: Yes.. through a pipe.
Mummy: And where is this "pipe" attached to the baby?
Evan (grinning cheekily): To the mouth! Muahahahaha
Mummy: Are you sure?
Evan: To the eye!! Wahahahaha
Mummy: Maybe to the nose??
Evan: Wahahahaa
Then daddy turned up the radio a little and you distracted and that was the end of our conversation.. for now. I'm wondering if you'll ask me again.. for more details next! What should I actually tell a 6 year old?

1 comment:
tell him: mommy ate a seed lor.. and now its a baby....
dats why u shouldnt swallow seeds
Post a Comment