Sunday, February 03, 2013

First Reunion Dinner - With the Yeoh's

We had planned to go out for dinner.. but at the last minute on Saturday we decided to cook for the family instead. It would be easier as mei-mei was still so small and not easy to handle when we're out in the restaurant. So after everyone agreed on dinner at home, we rushed to Cold Storage to pick up what was needed for the dinner.
Daddy slaved in the kitchen the whole day with mummy helping while Kakak took care of Evelyn. You also had an important task. You were to be the waiter for the night and had to prepare the handwritten menu for our dinner guests.
Nanna, Grampy, Ee-ee and Teo-teo arrived just as you were finishing up the menu. I had drawn up an order form for you to tick too. Soon you were changed into your "waiter's attire" and it was dinner time. Ah Ma joined us too as Ah Kong had gone up to stay at the condo.
When everyone was seated, you went around to take their orders. You were so cute. My handsome little waiter comes complete with a little pencil tucked behind the ear:
Here's the handwritten menu (this was the original one written by mummy as a sample):
The little waiter busy taking orders:
Here you are holding up your order form which I had stuck to a hard cover book to make it easier for you to take orders:
After the full course was over, we sat around chatting and laughing and soon it was time for everyone to go home. That was the end of the first reunion dinner for the year. A few more to go...

2 comments:

AlanYeoh said...

Hmmm, I just saw this post...can't believe I missed out on the 5-star service??!! Hopefully, there'll be a repeat when when I visit next time, ok? Hint, hint!

AlanYeoh said...

Hmmm, I just saw this post...can't believe that I missed out on the 5-star service!!! Hopefully, there'll be a repeat when I visit next time, ok? Hint, hint!