Sunday, April 14, 2013

Penang International Science Fair with Evan

As our company was the main organisers for this year's Penang International Science Fair, we were given an opportunity to pre-register our children. A lucky thing that you were the right age for the minimum age to participate. So I signed up for the Sunday session. We woke up really early and Ah Kong dropped us in Straits Quay. We got your tag and goodies bag along with some snacks which were provided and then went up to the convention centre to wait for the time to go in. Here you are, waiting to enter. You were pre-registered for the Lego Robotics session.
Parents were not allowed to go in. But lucky for me, a friend was volunteering that day, so she managed to get these pictures of you along working on the robot with the volunteer.

While you were building robots, I went down to look around and see what else there was at the science fair. When the hour was up, I went back up to collect you. It was well arranged where I had the other portion of your tag which both had my phone number. The volunteer would only match both numbers before letting you go off with me. We went to the other side of the convention centre and of course you got excited when you saw the Lego's set up by Legoland which had a booth there:
Took me a while to convince you to leave. Why it is that you've got lots of Lego at home and yet you need to play with other people's Lego??!!
Here is another booth which you were playing with another child. I have no idea what it was supposed to be:
Then we went down where Agilent was one of the sponsors and were having some games. All you need is to get your "passport" then go to the 4 stations to play the games, then get your passport stamped for the corresponding game.  
After the first game, we had to leave as we had bought tickets for the astrodome. The astrodone was an interesting experience. I think you loved it.
We went back down to continue with the other 3 games. Daddy had already finished his golf game and was on the way to pick us up. But since you were not done yet (due to the very LARGE crowd), he parked his car and waited till you finished.
Here you are trying out the last 3 games:

When you finished and got all 4 pages of your passport stamped, you collected your gift which was a little bottle with Agilent logo and we headed home. Only half a day, but it was fun. I enjoyed this time spent together just with you. I hope you did too.

No comments: