Thursday, January 09, 2014

Late to Pick Up Evan

We've been busy at work the past 2 days so we left work rather late and were late to pick you up. I'm proud to say that you are ok with us being late.  The first day you stood at the usual spot waiting for me. Poor thing, you were all sweaty and carrying your heave school bag. In the car you asked for permission to wait at the benches instead of near the gates.
So yesterday when we were late again, I found you waiting for me at the benches (not carrying your bag) and happily chatting with your friends.
My have you grown up. I remember clearly when we were late for the first time last year I found you sobbing and all sweaty while waiting for me. And we were only 5 minutes late then. The school had more kids waiting for their ride home then than there were yesterday. 

No comments: