This year, we had woke up to a leisurely start of the Chinese New Year. The lion dance which is usually on the first day is to only visit the house on the second day. So we woke up, had a slow breakfast and then got ready (i.e. shower, make up, dress up).
For Mei-mei, you were given an assignment "To serve tea to her parents". So we took a cup of tea to the living room and prepared for the "ceremony". Daddy was shocked when you kneeled down to serve him tea. But that was what was apparently taught/briefed to you at school before the holidays. So we went ahead with that:
Serving daddy's tea
Then time to give out ang pows:Family picture
Then we went to the kitchen to prepare lunch. Kor Poh already had the soup starting (or done..), Yvonne Kor-kor fried the eggs, I cooked the mee suah and Mei-mei cut and squeezed the lime for the chilies:
Always so delicious
Did I tell you that we seem to have a very relaxed Chor Yat this year? Well, we were sitting around the kitchen, and as we started to prepare for dinner, I took out the fruits to cut for our lou sang. What did I have to do? Break a mug and cut my foot! So daddy had to clean my wound, kakak had to sweep the floor and Doctor Chek Kong had to come earlier to clean and dress the wound. So my doctor gave me an "MC" from the kitchen for the day. The rest of the family including the 3 girls who were not cooking helped to cut and make our rabbit lou sang.
This was the rabbit
After my wound was covered, I hobbled to the kitchen to check out the lou sang. Slightly tweaked it and we're ready for dinner. Here is our dinner spread:
Lou Ahhhhh...
And of course our night entertainment were playing fireworks (big and small ones):I wasn't ready for the big fireworks.. only got a partial recording.
Headed back to the house where the kids entertained themselves and the adults dared each other to try out Ah Chor's antique wine.. (claimed to be deer pen*s wine)
Can you see the contents clearly?
And so that is how our first day of CNY ended.



No comments:
Post a Comment