You always have a bottle of water handy around the house. That way, you can help yourself whenever you feel thirsty. We started with a water bottle which didn't have a straw. So someone had to help you to open the cover. How come? Because you didn't know how to suck using the straw. Maybe it's because you stopped drinking from the milk bottle at a young age. Then sometime late last year Ah Ma finally managed to teach you how to use the straw. A lot of effort had to be put in and at last you went "Yay! Got Yakult". Success! You finally learned to use the straw. I wonder how other kiddies learnt to drink using the straw.
So it was time to graduate to the Bros bottle that I had bought a long time back which was kept since you did not know how to use the straw. After all your "purple water" (as you called it) was leaking and kept making the insides of my handbag wet. So it's time for your "blue water" (bottle) and you used it for a a few months before I noticed that the straw looked super yucky (since you still bit the straw when you drank) and the insides were greenish too. A colleague then told me that there was such a thing as a "straw brush" which was a smaller version of the bottle brush. So no more greenish straw, but the part where you drank from still looked yucky from being bitten.
Furthermore there was the hoo-haa over polycarbonate bottles. So about 3 weeks ago, daddy and I walked into the (quite) newly opened Mom's Care shop in Queensbay Mall and picked a new drinking bottle for you. I cannot remember the brand of the bottle, but we bought it because the straws could be replaced. Ta-da:
Almost left the new bottle behind in Yoshinoya when we were in KL. Lucky I realised before we left the mall and luckily also the workers in the shop didn't throw the bottle away. Of course I got an earful from daddy for being forgetful. Then again, we'd also just bought another new bottle for you since Ah Ma complained that the cover to this bottle was a little difficult for you to open by yourself.

2 comments:
I don't kno abt the straw brush but i use the Dr Brown brush. It is very small and can fit inside the straw.
Btw..replaceable straws are a great idea...but expensive bo?
Yup, am using the Dr Brown's brush. Dunno how much the replacement straws are, but it comes in a pack of 3 so should be cheaper than buying a whole new bottle.
Post a Comment