Monday, September 24, 2012

The Delivery Box

I didn't know it but it looks like it... my mummy must be a delivery box. It was Sunday and I had gone for a morning walk with Ah Kong. When we got back, daddy was telling Ah Kong something about "going to deliver" and "false alarm". I wanted to go along to the hospital to see the picture of mei-mei when Dr Low scanned her tummy. I liked looking at the scan because mei-mei likes to do funny things. But this time, mummy asked me to stay at home as I hadn't taken a bath. Luckily Ah Kong said he'll bring me to the hospital later on.
I waited for mummy to come home but she didn't. And again, I heard Ah Kong and Ah Ma mention the word "deliver". I wonder who is delivering what..
Later on, we left to have lunch. I had my favourite "char kuey tiau" and they even packed lunch for daddy. Then we went to Adventist Hospital. Nanna was also there in the hospital. We waited around and I had the iPad to keep me company. Then suddenly they said it again "She has delivered". Delivered what??
Next thing I know, I was told that I am a big kor-kor and my mei-mei is here already. Waitaminute.. I thought mummy told me she was supposed to come on the 29th? Oh well.. I've been waiting to see her anyway. I was so excited. It was a long while though before mummy came to the room and even later before we got to see mei-mei in the baby bassinet after her bath.
Good thing daddy had his camera. He showed me pictures of my mei-mei. She's so cute.
I already knew her name by then: Evelyn. Mummy says her full name is Evelyn Ban Yen Xin:
Here's a picture of my mei-mei, don't you think she's cute? 

See? Told you my mummy is a delivery box. She delivered my mei-mei.

2 comments:

peiszong said...

Congrates and welcome to the world, Evelyn!

joyce said...

Congratulations! That's a sweet little cutie! :D