On Sunday just as we were about to have dinner with Grampy and Nanna, daddy received a message that one of the golfers he played and had lunch with in the afternoon tested positive for Covid. He literally lost his appetite immediately.
We quickly finished up dinner, washed up and headed home. I had to evacuate from our room as he wanted to self-isolate from everyone else. There is no more requirement, but daddy said he'd feel better by doing so even though he did a test which showed negative. After we had settled down in our own rooms, daddy realised that his room air-con was leaking! So I had to pass him a little pail to catch any dripping water while he slept. But no water dripped as he slept (fitfully) in the night.
On Monday morning, it was just me. I had to prepare the packed meals for school, breakfast at home and also get you all ready then drive you both to school. Came back and brought daddy his "yummy" oats with coffee and his supplements.
The same went for lunch and dinner. I'd put the food on a tray and leave it outside his door. He'll eat up and then put the tray back outside for me to wash. I wore gloves and masked up then poured hot water on the plates and cutlery before washing with a separate sponge.
Last night though, he said that I'd given hi too little for dinner. So we had supper (after Mei-mei went to bed). Ko-ko and I sat downstairs while daddy had his in the room:
Super spicy noodles
Video call to "have supper together"
Today, I had a 6am meeting. Ko-ko offered to help heat up the food. But we had planned for you both to eat the fried rice Ah Ma had bought on Sunday. So it was a quick heat up, packing up the breakfasts and leaving Mei-mei for Kakak to help rush through breakfast.
Had my meeting and at 6.30 just as my portion was done and I could get up to check that you were both at least in the shower, Mei-mei walked up to the room. You were already showered and dressed up. I tied up your hair and then you headed down to watch some TV, since it was still early.
The meeting ended 10 minutes earlier and I thought that I could drop you both. But Ah Kong said he'd drop you both as planned, so I would have my breakfast. Saw that daddy was also up, so I made grilled cheese sandwiches for the both of us. We had another "virtual" breakfast together before starting our meeting/work.
Breakfast must have been a lot better than yesterday's oats
Daddy says staying in the room is like being a king.. except for the fact that it's a small room and he misses seeing everyone face to face.
Thank goodness for voice and video chats that we can at least see each other. This brings new meaning to "so near, yet so far".
This is just day 2 or is it considered 3 (counting from Sunday...). More days to come. We just need to plan ahead for the next day so that we have less hiccups.
I'm glad that the two of you are pulling your weight also, helping out and not making much fuss over having to do things slightly differently.
No comments:
Post a Comment