Friday, October 27, 2023

Children's Day - Mayura

For this year's celebration, you asked to have a Mayura costume. It's obviously not a very famous character. In fact, she is the second antagonist in the cartoon Miraculous Ladybug
So we worked to look for the parts to make your costume. We initially bought a piece of fabric with a peacock tail, but could not make it work. So did a little more Google-ing and found some DIY ideas. Luckily I ordered the felt and other materials earlier before we had to make the sudden trip to KL. 
Last weekend, we proceeded to cut and assemble the parts of the dress. We drew the outline of the 4 layers of felt, cut them up and hot glued them together and then I sewed the "feathers" onto the black dress:
We also found a brooch similar to what Mayura has to house her Kwami:
I'd also ordered a purple fan and orders some white and blue boa to be added to the costume. On top of that I also made the headpiece for you. 
The last part of the costume were the purple legging which stressed me out a lot as the online shop delayed in sending them out to us. In the end, it arrived just on time on Wednesday. 
Daddy's right.. I do enjoy making these costumes with you. *grin*
Here is what Mayura looks like:
And here is my little Mayura (sans the big split up the front of your dress!!) And as a last minute addition, you brought along your ballet character shoe to complete the costume.
I'm glad that the allergy did not stop you from attending the last of your Children's Day celebration in school. Hope that you had fun in school. Some of your friend's parents had share photos of them in their costume. So cute. 

No comments: