When I received the letter requesting for consent from school, I had asked you if you wanted to go to the Penang Butterfly Farm. Of course, you wanted to go..
On Thursday evening, you told me that Teacher Sharmine had told you to wake up at 8am the next day. I asked if she said to reach school at 8am or to wake up at 8am (which would make you very late to school). Then you decided that she said to reach school at 8am.
Of course we didn't make it to school by 8am. I tried to wake you up earlier but having napped for 3 hours the day before you only went to sleep at around 11.30pm! After a lot of persuasion and reminder of the excursion, you decided to wake up. Breakfast was milk and poached egg which Ah Ma had prepared for you and off we went.
By the time we arrived in school there were already 2 buses parked outside the school. To my surprise they were not school buses, but express buses. Of course you were very excited when you saw the buses.
We dropped you and went back to work. Since it was your last day of the term, we decided to pick you up. Daddy kept asking me if you'd be late seeing that the journey to and from the Butterfly farm would take at least 1 hour each way. But I told him that they school had not mentioned anything about being late. So we arrived at your school past 12.30pm, but the guard said that you were all not back yet. Oh now.. we waited and waited and finally at 1pm, we saw the first bus arriving.
You got off the bus (a little blur) and started to follow your friends into the school. It was not until we called out to you did you realise that we were standing there.
On the way back, I asked you how the excursion was. What was the response? "On the way there my friend and me slide here and there and here and there". Um.. ok, it more about the bus ride than the Butterfly Farm. You were so excited telling me the ride. When I asked you how many butterflies there was, it was just a "A lot".
It seems like the highlight of the trip was the bus ride just like last year's excursion to the Penang port. Oh yes, and some snack that Teacher Sharmine gave you!

No comments:
Post a Comment