Monday, August 30, 2010

Today is the 30th

.. and you decided to have a fever which would not subside since yesterday night! It started yesterday evening on our way back from Gurney Plaza. We'd bought a new luggage bag as daddy's bag is not big enough to carry all our stuff.
It started as a low grade fever and I had hope that it would go off.. but no.. instead, it raised higher and higher. So instead of going to work for the morning half, we stayed at the hospital waiting for our turn to see Dr Mary. The nurse took your temperature and I told her that I'd given you PCM in the morning, she came back to me shortly after to say that Dr Mary was on her way and that she needed to give your Voltaren. I had to carry you and your creamed into my ears as she put the medicine in for you.. in your bum! I could feel my ear drums rattle as you screamed right into my ears!!
The moment Dr Mary saw us she asked if we were back from our holiday. She looked really worried when I said that we were supposed to leave in the afternoon. She checked you and as you had complained of an uncomfortable tummy, which meant a possible bout of diarrhea and vomiting, she prescribed many medicines and I had to take notes on when and what to give you. She also wrote a letter to allow me to carry you medicine onboard.
Went back, packed the digital thermometer and all the many medicines in double layers zip lock bags and we were all ready to go.
What a way to start our holidays!

No comments: