Saturday began early for all of us (except for you). Daddy went to the market with Ah Ma to help carry (and pay) for the party food, while I had to wake up to make the olive focaccia. I estimated that it would take around 4 hours for the bread to be made and since I had 1 hour to wait for the bread to proof, I thought I could go back and continue with my sleep.. instead you decided to wake up before I was done. So there goes my plans!!
Later in the morning as you were doing your homework, 6th Chim Poh came for a quick visit. She brought you some presents and soon 5th Chim Poh, Chek Kong and Kor Poh arrived. After everything was settled and ready, we went off to have lunch. Char Kuey Tiau for all of us at Lorong Selamat (we only go there when we've got visitors). After that we headed to the bakery to pick up your cake. It was raining heavily and I had to make a mad dash into the shop to pick up the cake. You were so happy to see the cake, you kept kissing the cake box!!
We bought rojak for everyone then headed home. It was raining and the traffic was terrible. The afternoon flew by quickly and soon it was time to get ready for the party. The BBQ chef had the grill all ready and he started to cook the chicken earlier so that our guests did not have to wait too long for dinner.
Very soon all the kiddies were getting bored entertaining themselves. Annabelle and Abby came and asked me when we'd be having the cake. As the food was not all eaten yet, they had to wait a while and finally after everything was cleared away and the table cleaned, we got out the cake:
Your happy face makes all the work we have to put in to prepare this birthday really worth it. We had a tough time trying to get the 4 of you to pose for a picture:
Of course, our guests did not go home empty handed. This year they had a calendar with pictures of you from March 2011 till Feb 2012. And of course a party pack for the kiddies.

No comments:
Post a Comment