Saturday, March 12, 2011

Taking Antibiotics

We had gone to see Dr Khaw last week and he had put you on Seretide and Ventolin as you have been coughing for too long. This week on Wednesday we had to see him again for a follow up. When he saw you, he was quite pleased to see that your lungs seemed to be better, but you still had a runny nose. So he showed me how to clean your nose with a saline solution and also suggested that he put you on antibiotics for 3 days. As we waited for your medicine, you kept telling me "I love antibio-wics". I just smiled as I know very well every time you are given antibiotics you'd scream and shout and refuse to take it.
Well that evening you fell asleep on the way home, so you didn't take your antibiotics. On Thursday, before going to sleep, I asked you to come take your antibiotics and again you said "I love antibio-wics". But the moment I filled the syringe with the Zithromax, you took one look and asked to take a sniff of the medicine. Immediately you knew what it was and started to make excuses: "I want to drink water first" "I think I want to play first"
When I insisted that you had to take your medicine, you finally told me "I think i don't like antobio-wics". "Well you have no choice, you have to finish it for three days". In the end I had to bribe you with ONE M&M's and you agreed. But surprise, surprise, after gulping the medicine you said "Hey.. I like the antibio-wics".
Phew.. thank goodness this round of medicine eating went well.

No comments: