Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Evan's 6th Birthday Party at Home


What was originally planned to be a "burger party" ended up being your favourite.. barbecue birthday party. As usual the party was held on the Saturday before your actual birthday. Here's a nice picture of you with nanna, grampy, ee-ee and teo-teo:


And of course the important man of the day, Chef Daddy cooking the chicken so that they'd be ready by the time all our guests arrived:


The kiddies being entertained:


At last dinner was ready and you and your cousins had the chicken with mashed potatoes. The adults seemed shy to start eating, so everyone stood around to watch the kids eat instead:


Ah.. here's my little boh geh birthday boy:


Finally everyone decides to sit and enjoy dinner:


And since the children finished eating first (while the adults had a leisurely dinner) I had something small to do with you all:


It only took under 15 minutes to complete, but I think everyone had fun. Thanks to a friend for giving me her "kah chang" to make this cute little caterpillar:


At last, it's time for the cake:


This year's design is Flash and Dash as you had requested:


And before Annabelle went home (Tou-tou was getting tired), everyone helped to open the presents:


Later on the children (old and young) played with the presents:


Our guests left with a little souvenir:

It was a long day for us. I started the day cutting cutting and cutting tomatoes for the bruschetta, then mashed the avocado for the guacamole and then before the party started I put the finishing touches for the little souvenir I made. Phew.. tiring, but I'm sure everyone, especially the little birthday boy had a blast!

No comments: