I had planned to make pau and since I am off this week, I decided to try my hands at it today. The instructions from the video was very clear. So I tried my hand to get the pau with chewy texture. Evelyn also had a try to knead out the bubbles in the dough. Not bad for a first time:
Mei-mei had to stand on a stool to work on the kitchen island
Eyaaagh.... a lot of strength to work the dough
Ta-da.. one of the (nicer) outcome of the pau
The texture of the pau was the way we liked it. Just that it expands quite a bit, so I should roll out the dough more (larger) and that way I can add more fillings to the pau.
Mei-mei and Kakak had a "mantou" each as they did not take the fillings.
Maybe next time we can make momofuku buns to be eaten with duck. Yummy...

No comments:
Post a Comment