It was a day off for you kids yesterday. Daddy and I had gone out earlier to buy lunch for everyone before he headed to the office.
After I had showered, I went down to talk to Mei-mei and you told me that you were feeling a bit warm. You seemed perfectly fine right up to then. But the moment we went up and I checked that your temperature was 38.8 degrees, you started to cry and asked me not to let daddy know what you were sick.
You didn't have much of an appetite to finish your lunch. Then when we were in your room, enjoying the air-con, I had to go back to my room as I needed both my computer monitors to work. Later you came to me and told me that you had napped.
But your fever did not really break. You made a big fuss each time you needed to take the medicine, I had to bribe you with a marshmallow.
At dinnertime, Kakak cooked chicken moi-moi for you but you could not eat. Daddy even offered you ice-cream, but you could not finish that even. I had to give you a long, cool shower to try to bring down your fever. You even asked if you would be able to go to school the next day!
You slept on the bed with me and I woke up a couple of times to check on your temperature. In the morning, your body still felt warm, but you were back to your normal self: talking a mile a minute. That was the first thing Ah Kong noticed too when he woke up and saw you at the dining table.
One thing though is that you were scratching yourself profusely as you ate breakfast and your whole body was all red when you showered. And during lessons, you also complained about a consistent itch. So after lunch you had another shower an we slathered you with the aloe vera gel to soothe your skin.
I hope this fever and itch will go away soon. *hugs*

No comments:
Post a Comment