Thursday, April 10, 2008

Let's Get Crafty

Mummy wanted to make your birthday a little more special. So this time, we got your invitation cards printed, and daddy even helped mummy to do these:

They are made and designed individually for each of our guests, with pictures that they'd taken with you since you were born. I got the idea from Ching Ern's mummy and she also gave me the link to get the instructions on how to make the maze book and also ideas and help to buy the embellishments to decorate the maze books.

Daddy was a big help.. he helped mummy cut up the board that was used as the cover of the book, as it was very hard and I could not cut too many at a go. Then daddy also helped mummy cup the pictures that were resized. Guess how many pictures in total were needed to make the 18 maze books? Around 250 pictures! Thank goodness I had daddy to help out.

And on your birthday, we put out the maze books and after you'd opened your presents, it was our guests' turn to receive a little gift from us. I hope they liked them:

On top of these, we also made the wordings "Happy 2nd Birthday Evan". Mummy drew and cut the first layer of letters and daddy did the rest: stick to the board, cut up the board and stick the words on the wall.

As there was some leftover cardboard, mummy decided to make this little sign to be stuck to the door handle (but it got in the way when we tried to close the door, so I stuck it to the door). Darn.. picture not clear enough..will look for another to post when I go home tonight.

4 comments:

KK and WS said...

Good job mummy!! :-) I am sure your guest love it huh!

Anonymous said...

wow...so much effort put in and the results are splendid too! Really salute your determination. Well done! Hope to see more craft soon!

sting said...

that's so sweet... am sure they loved it.. :-)

Mummy and daddy: Angie and Ben said...

I hope they all loved it. It was a lot of work, but it was loads of fun preparing for the maze books.