Sunday, September 07, 2008

Terrible Two's?

Some days you are the perfect angel. Others...
You're almost 2.5 years old. Growing, and learning new things as the days go by. It's is sometimes easy to get you to understand why you are not able to do things or to eat some things just by a simple explanation. BUT.. that does not mean the explanation is something that you will accept or want to understand. That's when we are reminded of "the terrible two's".
These days I will tell you not to do things and what do I get in response?
"WaaaaaahhhhhHWAAAAAAAHHHHH"
Any hope of explanation to calm you down does not work, until you get what you want. Especially giving you the key-card to open the security door to the condo. If anyone forgets to give you the key-card.. Sorry-lah.. Their eardrums will suffer the consequences! How to calm you down? Go out and let you zap the key-card again.. what else?
Sometimes I tell you with my most stern voice "That's enough".. what do I get in response? More tears and loud wailing again.. Some days, you'd just ignore me. Otherwise, you will conveniently change the topic. How? By drawing our attention to something else, or even better.. a *kiss*.
How can we remain angry? I wonder if the age of "the terrible two's" will end just like that when you turn three? Hhmmm...

1 comment:

sting said...

sounds like the terrible twos ya... be patient a lil longer and then he'll be your most helpful assistant :-)