Sunday, November 02, 2008

Going to Sleep

Getting you to sleep seems to be a challenge for me all the time. Just like today's afternoon nap. You'd negotiate and ask for this and that before you finally would sleep. What needed to be done today before you finally went to sleep. First to watch your Barney VCD. So after the first episode, I said we'll turn it off.. Or so I thought.. Nooo.. You said that there was another episode. So finish that first. Then when it was over, we had to go to wee wee, put on your diaper, close the curtains, arrange the pillows and finally lie down on the bed.

But no.. you weren't planning to sleep so soon yet. You needed to cover blanket for mummy, give me "lumpy" to cuddle and a bolster too. And next you needed to pick a "nice" spot to sleep. I finally gave up so I closed my eyes pretending to sleep and ignore you. There was no sound and I didn't feel any movements. So I opened my eyes to peek. Were you sleeping? No such chance! What followed next? From "Please go to sleep" to a stern "GO TO SLEEP" to "If you don't go to sleep...." which all failed to get you to sleep.
After a while to moving around and looking for a comfy spot. You finally fell asleep. How long did this process take? I honestly cannot tell you, because (not surprisingly) I'd fallen asleep before you *grin*

Sigh.. why does it take you so long to fall asleep? I wonder how difficult it is for Ah Ma to get you to nap on weekdays.. Probably a lot easier than me!

No comments: