Saturday, August 16, 2008

We've Moved

Mummy received news that we were to move to the condo the weekend after I came back from Bangkok. Yikes.. that gave me around 2-3 days to pack up all the things that we've accumulated over the years. What to do? What to do? Can it be done on time? When daddy picked me up on Wednesday, he told me that they'd postponed by a week. Phew.. Now I will have more time to pack.. or so I thought anyway.
Ok, the truth was that I did procrastinate a little. And the boxes only arrived on Friday. Luckily Ah Ma decided to engage some professional movers to help. I started to pack up the clothes into the boxes, while daddy went through all the things to decide what needs to be thrown, kept or given away.
Everynight was spent clearing all our stuff. Some nights I slept when you fell asleep and refused to wake up later (as I had promised daddy) to continue packing. Hehe.. still tired from the trip. Anyway, we took Thursday afternoon off and we finally finished packing all the things. By the time we were done, it was 3am. Why did we take so long? Because we had to wait for you to fall asleep, which you have taken to sleeping only after 11pm! Otherwise, you'd be so very helpful. Either helping by pulling out the things that I'd put into the box or asking me what the items were, or deciding that you wanted to sit on my lap!
Friday was D-Day. We all could not wake up, since we had a very late night. When mummy and daddy finally got ourselves out of bed, you continued to sleep until almost 9am. Since it was already late, I gave you milk and off we went to the condo with some small nick-knacks that we were to move ourselves.
Daddy left shortly for the house after we were settled in. What did we do? We entertained ourselves, had lunch and mummy even ordered delivery for myself. Daddy came again later to drop some things and see how we were doing. Since you were still awake, we decided to go back home to see how the moving was going. The house certainly looked.. bare. All the things were cleared and just before we left, it was even emptier. Why? Because one of the charitable organization had sent their recycling team to remove all the wooden fixtures. So the house was REALLY bare.
We arrived at the condo just as the movers reached. Soon, they were moving the boxes and boxes of things into the house. When all was done, they opened the packaging of the bulking items. I wish that was the end of the moving. Sigh.. but seems like that's not the case. Now it's time to unpack. As of now.. we still have A LOT of things to unpack.
And with all the moving, you did not take an afternoon nap. You dozed off for 5 minuted on the way back home in daddy's car. So I expected you to sleep early at night, but I was mistaken! Sleep only came to you (and me) at 11.30pm!

1 comment:

sting said...

oh, you guys moved to a new home ya? happy moving and may you enjoy the new place ya :-)