Monday, March 30, 2009

It's Party Time...

Our guests started arriving after 7.00p.m. But there were still things to do. Sigh.. At long last, as the rest of our guests arrived, the food were also ready. What did we serve? Well, mummy and daddy made the bruschetta, Ah Ma cooked the fried angel hair pasta and breaded prawns and we ordered fried belacan chicken and pizza. A little western food style (except for the belacan chicken, of course).

Managed to freshen up before putting the finishing touches on the bruschetta and dinner was served. I'm sure everyone enjoyed the food. Even the kiddies ate the same as ours, only a little different: pasta without the basil and prawns without the shells. Wine, juice, coke and water were served to everyone, and you even got to drink the peach juice, which somehow you decided to call "grape juice" and when corrected you'd call it "peach grape juice". And you had a wonderful time toasting with Kelvin!

After the food was cleared away and dessert was served, it was time for the cake. What was the design that you picked? Why Thomas, of course... Last week when I asked you, you told me that you wanted "Bob the Builder", but knowing how you change your mind, I printed several other cartoon characters and in the end (not surprisingly) you picked Thomas. Nice? It's vanilla with blueberry flavour as you'd requested.
After cutting the cake, we had the cake with the Haagen-Dazs ice-cream that we'd bought. Then to your favourite part of your party, opening the presents. Yes, I know we'd asked for our guests not to bring you any gifts BUT they didn't feel the party complete without giving you anything since it is your birthday.
So to our guests, thank you for all those wonderful gifts. Evan loved them and I hope that you liked the gift that you took home with you too.
Party was great and you only slept after midnight!





3 comments:

Merryn said...

oh happy birthday.. the big 3 already! be good now dat u are a big boy.. :)

AlanYeoh said...

Whoa, what a handsome little grown up! Ahem, all that yummy food and Uncle Alan didn't even get a whisper of an invite. Evan, you need to tell your mummy and daddy that they are going to have to TOTALLY make up for it when I'm back in July!!! Hint, hint, nudge, nudge.

Mummy and daddy: Angie and Ben said...

Thanks Merryn.
Hey Ku-ku, we did think of keeping some of the food for you. In fact, I think there's some cake left over. Will pass them to you when you come back in July!