Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What is in the Oven?

We were alone on Sunday morning. Ah Kong and daddy were off for their golf game, Ah Ma had left early in the morning to bring your two Tou-tou and Bo-bo Poh for their doctor's appointment. We'd had breakfast and Ah Ma called to say that she'd buy us lunch. So we sat around the house (didn't take a bath yet) when I asked if you wanted to help me make cookies.

I had planned on baking in the afternoon, but Ah Ma needed the oven in the evening for her roast beef. So since you were also game to help me bake and we had nowhere to go, we started baking the Milo Doggies Cookies. I got the recipe from this nice lady's website. And we'd actually bought the ingredients the week before but didn't have time to make them. You helped me pour the weighed ingredients into a bowl, turn on the mixer, stir the ingredients and later on roll the dough. Only problem is you could not really roll them properly. Also, you kept taxing everything: the chocolate chips, chocolate rice, koko krunch and even the dough!
Anyhow we managed to get about 20 doggies before you jumped ship. You left me to finish making doggies out of the remaining dough by myself, coming into the kitchen occasionally to ask if I was done. Finished everything, gave you a bath and took a shower myself while the cookies were baking in the oven. We had Uncle Sin Tien, Aunty Ean Na, Uncle Sin Chuan, Aunty Amy and Abby join us later on and they all also tried out our cookies. Here's the pictures taken by Uncle Sin Tien:


Can they pass as doggies?

7 comments:

Pet said...

Pass! My daughter says it's 'dog' after she said 'duck'.

peiszong said...

Wow, so cute. I give you an excellent.

Mommy said...

Wow! That looks so cute and yummy!!

alex said...

omg!!! its mini you's... hahaha

Mummy and daddy: Angie and Ben said...

Oh.. thank you thank you. Then maybe I can consider making more.. to feed Evan's daddy!

Mich said...

Doggy cookies biscuit ... this is cute!!!!!

joyce said...

My dear, what can I say? I'm gonna call you for tips liao...I'm contemplating trying out the horlicks version too! :)