Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Going to School

It's time for you to go to school. Ching Ern's mummy had kindly lent me a great book to help prepare you to go to school. That's a wonderful book and you love reading it at night. I hope this is enough to prep you for going to school WITHOUT mummy or daddy. (I've already reminded you MANY times that we won't be going to school with you).

We've been to look at a school which was the one daddy went to (yup.. it's THAT old!). And we were quite happy after talking to the principal. We thought we'd look at other schools too. We brought you to another school for a trial class, but you (and us too) weren't too keen on the classes. So that was scrapped.
We stopped looking for a while as we didn't know when we'll be moving back to Ah Kong's house. Now that the house is almost ready, we have to start looking again. Since yesterday was a replacement holiday for us, we headed to daddy's old school for you to try it out.
Of course by the time we woke up, had breakfast, drag you away from TV, give you a bath it was already 10.00a.m.! We arrived at the school at around 10.30a.m. and the children were just finishing break time. Ok, I reckon our timing wasn't too bad since the first class after break was singing. Being the shy you, you refused to sit on the floor with the other children. Then came numbers and followed by story time. Every time the teacher invited you to sit with the children, you refused. Sometimes halfway through the class you'd wander out looking for some toys to play with. Daddy or I had to bring you back to join the class.
After school, I chatted with the principal while you played around with daddy. We had lunch and a haircut before heading home.
Here's our conversation that night before going to sleep:
Mummy: Did you like that school?
Evan: Hhmmm... School is too far.
Mummy: Do you want to go to that school?
Evan: No.
Mummy (Worried): Why not?
Evan: The floor is too dirty!
I do recall you telling me that you needed to wash your feet halfway through class that morning. Aikkks.... Looks like your cleanliness obsession is very apparent!
So have we decided on that school? Well, we're thinking of looking around and see what other options there are before finally deciding on one. After all, we've probably got more than a month before we make that move.

2 comments:

little_szeyi said...

School is fun, Evan! Hope you find one which you like. I'm so curious which school did your daddy went to, coz my daddy also insisted to let me go to his Kindy when I'm bigger...

Pet said...

not too sure which kinday yr daddy went to, but definitely know which primary!