Monday, November 30, 2009

A Rocking Big Day

The day began like any normal weekend. We went out, had lunch at one of our favourite coffee shops (with you asking how come we couldn't eat in an air-con restaurant.. ) then we headed home. Nope, we missed something so we headed to Island Plaza to buy “apple juice’ as you had insisted. Then we headed home. You needed your afternoon nap. No way are you allowed to miss today’s nap. Why because the day is still young and you've got a many more things to do during the long night ahead.


The day is Uncle Sin Tien’s big day. This is the day that he and Aunty Ean Na picked to be their wedding day. Many days and months have been put in to plan for their perfect wedding. And more than a month ago, they had asked me if you’d want to be. But knowing how shy you were I was hesitant to promise that you’d be it. I tried asking you, explaining what was expected of you, but when I met Aunty Ean Na a couple of weekends ago, I was still unsure.

Anyhow, while you were napping, daddy and I quickly got ourselves ready for the big day. WE had to be at Hard Rock Hotel before 6pm as Ah Ma was the tea time provider. She’d been busy the whole afternoon, collecting the kuih and curry puffs for the big day. After we were almost ready, I had to try to wake you up from your beauty nap. Sigh... that is one of the toughest thing a mummy has to do. Wake their sleepy son up! After a while and a lot of persuasion, you woke up.

I quickly gave you a shower, dressed you and you were all nice and handsome. And then it was my turn to get ready. I was clean but not ready yet. So at top speed with your daddy asking me questions in between I got ready. Then off we all went.

Before that we had to make a stop at the condo. We needed to drop something off. And then the traffic jam began! Yup, just after Tanjung Bungah the traffic crawled all the way to Batu Ferringhi. The was another function there and I guess everyone was heading there. When we arrived, most of the family members were not there yet. So everyone started with tea first then since the Phuah’s were late, we started with tea ceremony for Aunty Ean Na’s family.

You had a wonderful time, eating the cream puff and following Annabelle che-che who instantly became the ringleader of the 3 of you. After the tea ceremony, we headed downstairs to the ballroom. The ballroom was rather cold, but I'm sure you didn't feel it much. You were busy running around entertaining yourself.

At last it was 8pm and time for the bride and groom to make their appearance. Of course I was also very excited. After all, it's everyday my little boy gets to be the page boy. Hehe.. yup, that's the question that I've been asking you if you'd wanted to be.. the page boy and you agreed and I have to say, a rather handsome one you were...

Oh yeah.. and here's the beautiful bride and her handsome groom (the only picture daddy took of the bridal couple)..

The bride and groom on the cake...

Then dinner was served. Your job which Ah Ma had secretly "trained" you (she taught you to walk slowly.. although you were way in front of the 2 girls) was over in a few minutes. Dinner was rather long and by the time we were done, it was 11.30pm.

As there was a big time gap in between the dishes, you and the girls kept yourselves entertained. Here you are "break dancing" on stage:

And when everything was all over and all the guest had left, we took a family picture. By the time we left the hotel it was 12midnight and it took another 30 minutes for us to reach Tanjung Tokong. What a long night...

No comments: