I wanted to bake something but since there was only around half a piece of butter left, I decided to bake the chocolate chip cookies by following the recipe from one of Ah Ma's cookbooks. The other option was to bake banana cupcakes, but I'll usually double the portion so that we have enough cupcakes to go around. So the banana cupcakes plan was scrapped.
You'd usually help me by sifting the flour or manning the mixer, but today just as I was about to start baking you saw that Tom and Jerry was about to start. So you said that you didn't want to help me :(
Anyhow, since my mixer is a bit cacat, it took longer than usual for me to mix up everything. By the time everything was mixed, you were done with the show. So you decided to help me roll the batter.
... and of course tax my chocolate chip!
The recipe was supposed yield 30 cookies, but I recalled from previous experience (very long time ago) that the cookies would expand quite a bit. So in the end, we had close to 100 pieces and at a good size. In fact, I still underestimated the expansion of the cookies as some expanded an got stuck together.
What do you think? Does the picture do any justice to the taste??

No comments:
Post a Comment