Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Bed is all Mine...

... or so I thought. It was only mine for the shortest moment (no, I have not kicked daddy out of the bed!). You told me yesterday night that you wanted to sleep in the small room (your toy room). And I asked you many times if you knew that sleeping int hat room, you'd be sleeping alone. And you kept saying you want to sleep alone in that room. So ok, we got a little light to put in the room and changed and brushed your teeth.
Mummy kissed you goodnight and I told you not to be afraid if you wanted to go back to my room. You said "ok". I walked out of the room and chatted with daddy.. and.. "pitter patter" first I heard little feet running on the laminated flooring and next you were standing next to me, grinning away. NOW you wanted me to sleep with you! We went back to the room and I told you that I was tired and did not want to sleep in that room. So I told you that I'd go back to my room after you'd fallen asleep. Did you?
NOOO!!! No way, no chance, never! Instead, you kept grinning and chatting with me. My super thumping headache was no help either. So after 20 minutes or so, I gave up and back to my room we went. You did not want to go, but I was too tired. So... we brought over the futon + mattress and told you that you'll sleep on the floor on 2 layers, sorta like the story "The Princess and the Pea". That kept you contented... for a while.
Less than 10 minutes later, I heard you walking to my bedside and looked at me. I pretended not to hear you and you went back to your bed. I thought that you'd go back to sleep. Nope fat hope! You climbed back up on my bed and finally fell asleep on my bed.
Daddy moved you back to your bed later on but at around 4am I found a lump sleeping near my knee! It was you again! So I moved you back to between us and that's how you slept until I left for work this morning.
And I thought that you'd finally moved out of my bed. We're not doing any funny bedtime arrangements tonight. I have a bad headache today.

2 comments:

Mommy said...

So cute! The way you wrote makes me feel that if I were you i will not hv the heart to move Evan out.

I was also thinking of moving Charlotte to her room but everytime i ask her she said "NO!" :)

Mummy and daddy: Angie and Ben said...

Yup.. not easy to move him out of the room. So.. settle for moving him to his own bed for now..