Saturday, September 19, 2009

Final School Day of the Week

When we arrived at school today, we were greeted with another teacher who immediately said "No school tomorrow". I was too surprised by the statement to fully register what exactly was being said, but anyhow we had your temperature taken, washed your hands and stood with the rest of your classmates for assembly. As with yesterday you refused to join the dance during assembly.
Then we went to class. You decided to be stuck with me like super glue, sitting on my lap and refusing to get up and playing with your friends. Then Principal Lily came into class and talked to you, asking you to show her your water bottle. You got up and picked out your bottle from the basket. Taking the hint from the principal, I walked out of class and sat outside. I took a peek a few minutes later and you were quite fine. Then shortly after I sat down, Principal Lily came out with a little boy. He'd just vomited. The class was taken to the playground while the kakak cleaned up and aired the classroom. I peeped at you again and you were just fine, happily playing in the gym. Later on the class came back to have some drinks before heading upstairs for computer classes. Teacher Mala used the stairs which was in front and she told me that you were fine. Did not cry, only said "Ok, I'm going to find my mummy now" but was ok when she told you that I was with Principal Lily.
Since you seemed fine, I left my number with the teachers then headed to Tesco Extra to walk around a little. I headed back after spending over an hour there. Daddy kept reminding me that I've been away for over an hour already. I went back to peep again and you were perfectly fine. I sat outside reading my book then the class was filing out to go upstairs again for gym class. As the teachers knew that I was sitting outside, they made you all use the stairs behind. When Principal Lily saw you all coming out she quickly walked to the class to block your view from seeing me sitting there. I'm not too sure if you spotted me, but you wailed "I want my mummy" but stopped shortly after she talked to you and you went up to enjoy your gym class. I could not peep at that class as it's an open area and you could spot me too easily.
Going home was not as difficult as yesterday as Ah Ma came along. They had picked Li Min Kor-kor and Kevin Kor Teo from the airport and picked you up. You cried a little before you let Ah Ma calm you down and everything was fine. Of course, lucky I'd bought some chippies to "bribe" you too.. Hehe...
I hope everything goes well on Wednesday morning when we drop you and accompany you for a while in class, especially after such a long holiday!

No comments: