Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Sick Day

You woke up before six on Friday morning complaining of an uncomfortable tummy. After a while you told me that you wanted some warm milk. I thought that you were hungry since you did not have your nightly milk the day before as you were quite stuffed from a rather late dinner of banana leaf rice (you also insisted on having a banana leaf of your own which you ate rice with egg and fried chicken). Then you went back to sleep and I got to sleep in a little longer too, since you didn't have school.

But as I was having my breakfast, daddy opened the door and called for me. You'd vomited all over my bed and on yourself. So I ended up later than planned. Had to give you a quick shower before I could go off to work.
Shortly after I arrived at work, Ah Ma called to say you seemed to have a fever. I hope that after giving her instructions on what and how much to feed you, you'd get better. But it didn't seem to be so.
We left work earlier to go home and check on you. You look weak, but had no fever. Since you vomited again after having lunch, I fed you in small portions and you seemed to be fine. You even kept asking for more moi moi. Later, before 9pm, we both fell asleep with you sleeping on top of me. I moved you to the bed and at 10+, daddy got back from having a drink with Kor Kor and Kor Teo and we realised that your temperature was rising. Tried to feed you paracetamol and you flatly refused. In the end, I had to force you to take it and you went to bed after that.
Thank goodness all was ok by the time you woke up the next day.

No comments: